We have had another excellent week. Students have been working on checking their own work in math, creating informational pieces of writing, and finishing and showing off work from our genealogy unit. First off, thanks so much for those of you who could make it to our celebration of learning. It was so nice to see so many of you here, and to see the pride of workmanship displayed by our students. Everyone took such ownership of their work, and many made some really cool discoveries!
We will be continuing our work with division throughout the coming months. We have been working on mastering the different parts of division and getting a strong handle on all of the prerequisite skills for doing it. Recently we have spent our time talking about the progression of mastering division, which hinges on the following notions; repeated subtraction, the inverse of multiplication, arrays, and finally the area model. As we work with these we are working on recording our work to illuminate our thinking for others, as well as, checking our work using whichever of these models makes sense to do so.
As usual I will wrap up this post with some authentic student reflections:
This week we had a museum walk. I forgot my binder at home so I had to go without people looking at it was about my gram and I was very excited about doing my gram.
This week we were focused on scrap booking on our binders. But that was only the beginning beginning of the week. We were done in a short amount of time. We worked very hard on the them so we brought our parents in to show them the hard work that we have done. I did Papa Ransom and the story of him in the Desert Storm War. I picked him to let people know how much hard work he did. This week was pretty AWESOME! O and I forgot to tell you FEBUARY BRAKE!
This week we showed our genealogy work. We also have been writing some non-Fiction books I am doing mine about baseball. I am almost don with my piece!
There was a lot of things that I liked about this week, but some of the main things are as follows: I liked genealogy this week because we presented them, and I got to bring it home. I also liked open house this week, because I got to show my parents my wevideo (witch I improved a lot on) and my art.
Have a fun and relaxing break!
-Dave
No comments:
Post a Comment