Pages

Friday, March 25, 2016

A productive week!

This week was very productive, it was also our first week of the SBAC assessment.  All students in this class took this task very seriously and really worked hard to be diligent during this assessment.

Also, this afternoon you will have a conference schedule in your Friday Folder.  We have been reflecting on our work this year, and practicing presenting claims and evidence to one another in preparation for our student led conferences.  Please remember that your student will be coming with you for these conferences, and they will take about 30 minutes.  If you still need to add your name to the schedule, please just choose a time that has fewer than four families on it, and I will do my best to get you that time.  Please note, that at this point Monday timeslots are "closed."

As usual we will end this update with some authentic reflections from the students.

This week we did some Sbacs. In the morning we did some in the morning we stopped at question 25 and then in the afternoon, we did the rest and there was 43 questions.  We did more Sbacs on Thursday.

This week he have parent teacher conferences I am sharing my math my writing my reading. I think they'll love it. I am going to do my best.

I had lots of fun this week because of the 2 stars and a wish I, think that it was fun doing that because I was really thinking of   what I wanted to put on the computer.   I am also excited about the  book  trailer  because  me and Wyatt  are going to  do Revolutionary War on Wednesday.    I am pumped up because we have it all figured out.

This week has been awesome but my favorite day was thursday!  I was so happy on thursday morning, I discovered how to play “Hot Cross Buns”  on the ukulele!  I can't wait to learn some more songs.  On Thursday I also started a project with Greta in library, were making a book trailer.   And today Friday I have been having a good day so far.  So by, by, it was nice to talk.  I didn’t have a lot to say this week.

This past week, we had sbacs Wednesday and Thursday, and I think I did really well. First of all, on Monday I skipped school so I thought I would miss sbacs, but then, when I got back on Tuesday, I notest it started on Wednesday. I think my favorite day was Thursday because first we got band, and we completed more of the piece we are playing, “Prelude and Allegro”, and second, Madyson and I are partners for a book trailer in Library, and we are doing the book called “Sisters”  by Raina Telgemeier and we are off to a really good start! We are going to use ourselves for the pictures. (Madyson is Raina because she looks older and has dark hair, and I have blond hair like Amara and I look younger.) We also did some sbacs that day too and I think I did better than on Wednesday!
Thursday rocked!  Happy Easter! :)


Have a restful and relaxing weekend.

-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment