Pages

Friday, December 4, 2015

The first week of December!

This post will be a conglomerate of authentic student reflections from the week.  I have done some editing for spelling only, as to preserve the essence of everyone's thoughts.

This week, I was absent on Monday, it is bad because I missed school, but it is good because I finished Catching Fire! I checked out Mockingjay at the library, but I have had trouble starting it. First, my brother was playing his video game music when I started to read it. Second, I was on the bus and I couldn’t concentrate because my friend was listening to my favorite song with earbuds, and I wanted to listen too. That leaves me with chapter three.

This week we had the same sub that we had the week befor. His name is M.r Mich he was a nice sub. We also presented our abenaki posters. My poster looked had a boat, bow and arrow and a picture of a abenaki shooting a deer. My story of the abenaki started out like this….. ‘’Boom!’’ A gunshot rang out through the woods. The abenaki were out hunting again.

Ukers are finished there uk's (and added new strings). our Abenaki mini-unit is finished and the was a fire drill and assembly.

I was in florida most of the week, and I don’t have a lot to say here. We had a cool fire safety talk!

This week I was very excited!   The class had an museum walk on our abenaki work.    Plus this week we were getting ready to work on some poster and that willard kid is doing pretty good on his.   I herd that we in pe are going to play basketball.   Speaking of basketball on thursday was the first basketball practices it was very exciting!   That was the most exciting thing this week bekas I have  been practicing for a long time.

This week we had the fire drill for safety.   The firefighters came in to teach us and we learned how to be safe in a fire drill.    They also taught us that if a fire were to go off in our house we stay come and to be alert.  What i’ve been tring to tell you is that don’t cook when your alone or with your older sibling.

Today we had a fire drill! After the fire drill, we went to to the gym for a assembly with the firefighters for fire safety. It was really interesting to hear about how you can cause a fire. For example, you shouldn't have a toaster under cabinets because if your toaster burns, the fire will go through the cabinets  and you will have a fire in your cabinet! After the whole assembly,the firefighters surprised us with little prizes. You could get a glow- in the dark frisbee, or you could get a water bottle. I personally wanted the water bottle. You could also get this color pencils and if you rub them, they will change a different color. I got a blue with white built into the pencil, I also got a purple with hot pink built into it. And finally I got a rubber bracelet with words on it that says “Practice Fire Exit Drills!” It has been a fun day so far!

there was a fire drill. there was a assemble.my foot felt like it was parlisd bekose it was aslep.

-Have a great weekend!

-Dave


No comments:

Post a Comment