...let's start with that. I would like to apologize for the lack of new photos. I am not a natural photographer, and have set a goal to take and post more photos but have fallen short on this goal as of late. I will work to take and post more recent photos as I know how interesting and valuable they can be.
As for busy-ness, we have been. During math we have been focused on noticing and extending patterns. We are looking at different patterns, how they progress, and how these patterns can be used to deconstruct large numbers. We are also working on the relative size of numbers. That is to say that if on the tenth step of a pattern you have 41, that on the 20th step you would have 82, and on the 100th step you would have 410. We are using group discussion to uncover some of these patterns, as well as to build communication within our ranks.
Students are also working on biographies of people of interest. We will hope to wrap these up by next week, and have full color published copies out for inspection at our celebration of learning! There will also be a black and white copy coming home as soon as they are finished.
The City of Ember is the dystopian novel that we are in the middle of. We are working on the nuance of reading a book like this, as well as trying to understand the ways the author helps us readers to feel the dystopia. This book is super-engaging, and if you are looking for a read for yourself, you might check it out.
I hope you all have a wonderful and relaxing weekend!
Dave
No comments:
Post a Comment