Pages

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Updates and another round of P.E. Lab!

Let's start with some updates.  we have been working furiously since we returned from the December break!  In math we have created our own dynamic (and fun to play) math games.  Students were challenged to create a math game that hinged on a math concept that they feel they have mastered and the concepts they picked have been wonderful!  we have games that use cards as factors and players need to add the products to try and get a sum of 301, we have games that a player must use knowledge of factors of different numbers in order to move, games that focus on using the difference between two values rolled on dice to move, and so much more.  This not only allowed students to show their math knowledge, but also allowed them to craft something they could be proud of and have fun playing!

We also have finished up some of our fish-work.  We did some mini-research into different native fish species in Vermont.  Through this work students explored some of the structures and functions of different parts of fish, as well as the different habitats and characteristics that each fish has. Our next move in writing is to research someone to create our own small biographies, we have people looking into such a range of persons!  We have Misty Copeland to Johnny Cash!

We also are looking forward to another round of P.E. Lab, below is some copy that I got from Mr. Blanchard talking about what we are planning to do, and go.  IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO JOIN US, AND CAN VOLUNTEER TO DRIVE PLEASE LET ME KNOW! 

From Mr. Blanchard:
 I'm hoping to bring the kids over to the East Montpelier Forest behind the old fire station and do some cross country skiing, winter picnic and bonfire and possibly a structure building competition. I'm going to double check if there are bathroom facilities, I thought there was a port-a-potty but I'm not sure. If there isn't, then I'll check in with the folks up at U32 to see if we can use their trails and wilderness space.

I hope all is well!

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment