This week we have had so much going on. The grandest of which may have been last night's circus performance. Although I wasn't able to attend, I know how much hard work went into making that show ready for presentation, and I know how wonderful all of the students in our school did.
In our classroom this week we have been working ALOT on the ideas that lead to understanding division. We been working with factors and multiples, equal groups and Math-Libs. This is a blank copy of the Math-Lib we were working on, try it out with your student to see what comes out:
I have _____________________(composite number), __________________s (noun). I will give
______________________(factor of composite number), ________________s (same noun) away
each day. How many days can I do this for?
We have also been working on finishing up some first drafts. During the last week in writer's workshop we have been focused on adding a suffix to a word, and we are putting this work to use in new drafts that we are writing. We are planning to work next week, and perhaps the week after Thanksgiving on turning these into final drafts.
We have also pushed forward in our book Wonder. This really is a beautiful story with lots of twists and turns, as well as different points of view. The discussion that we have had around this book have been nothing short of spectacular. Students are sharing their thoughts, integrating the thoughts of others, and participating in discussion directly with one another, rather than using me as an intermediary!
I hope you all have a wonderful and restful weekend!
-Dave
No comments:
Post a Comment