Pages

Friday, May 13, 2016

Only a few days until our Boston Trip!

So, we have continued working hard and keeping our focus, while, at the same time, feeling the stoke for Boston!  We have been working on decorating some team shirts, and have reviewed and sent home a letter with information about this trip.  If you have yet to see this letter, please check with your student, and if you need another copy just let me know and I will send one home on Friday.

We have also continued working on deepening the understanding of the relationship between multiplication and division.  That culminates today with an exploration with a balance and some cuisenaire rods.  This investigation will help to solidify the notion that whole numbers and collections of component groups.  For example, 3 tens will weigh nearly the same a 6 fives (I say nearly the same because the production standards of these rods is different than it used to be and they are very close to having correct proportional weights, but these weights are not exact).

In other news, I will be leaving for a paternity leave in the next few weeks.  As of now, it looks as if I will be out starting the 23rd of May, but that might change.  The long-term sub we have lined up has been in our room observing this week, and is getting ready to take over the action.  Her name is Anna Paterson, and her mother is one of the teachers who already works with our class!  If you have any questions about this please let me know and I will get the answers for you.



Have a relaxing and restful weekend.

-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment