Hey, I hope all of you are enjoying the snow! I am really excited about it. Throughout the winter I will continue to assign kids 20 minutes of outside fun for homework, so please encourage them to explore the winter landscape.
We are wrapping up our unit on squishy circuits. We are publishing some accordion books to show our understanding. These will be displayed outside our classroom, so the next time you are here, check them out! As this unit wraps up we are moving into some new ones.
In writing we are beginning to explore informational text. We are currently doing this by reading about and taking notes regarding some of Vermont's history. This reading and unit will concentrate on pulling information from sources, citing sources, and creating pieces of writing about Vermont's history.
We are also beginning and investigation of landforms. This investigation will focus on online research, source citation, paraphrasing, and of course landforms. We will be looking at several examples of different types of landforms, and finding examples that exist in Vermont!
I hope this post finds you well, and that you are prepping for a rejuvenating Thanksgiving break.
Dave
No comments:
Post a Comment