Another week has zoomed past. This week was filled with hard work, most of which was done on NECAP assessments. We worked on these assessments on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Throughout my time as a teacher I have experienced the full range of effort on NECAP's, and I can confidently state that during this session, the students in this class worked as hard or harder than an I have ever witnessed. This is a tribute to the community we have in this class, as well as outside of school, and I thank all of you for your hard work making sure your student is ready for school every morning!
We also have been working on persuasive writing this week. We are learning to craft essays that will change the minds of readers! Students are writing about everything from ice cream to elephant poaching. We are also incorporating evidence into this writing that gives readers a strong response. Mia is writing about keeping our waterways clean, and has used an example of small seabirds that are ingesting bits of plastic, what a powerful choice!
We also continue to work on building with basic math facts, and thanks for all your work with this! As always if you need to contact me, please do!
Thanks again,
Dave
No comments:
Post a Comment